SEPA ACH Direct Debits
As part of our multi-year initiative, we are migrating SEPA ACH Direct Debits processing to our strategic payments platform.
SEPA Instant is not impacted.
Migration will occur over time, and selected account holders will receive email notification in advance.
You Should Know
While the migration will be mostly transparent to you, you may need to prepare for the following changes to statements, reporting and processing for your SEPA ACH Direct Debits.
- J.P. Morgan Transaction Reference Number: Changing from 10 to 12 characters on your balance and transaction reports and your statements.
- Statement Description: Enhanced statement detail for clarity and simplicity.
- Purpose Code or Instrument Code will be included if provided on instruction
- Virtual Account Management (VAM) transactions will show virtual account number
- Stale Dated Transactions: Any direct debits initiated with a date greater than 30 days in the past will be rejected.
- Rollover Processing: Direct debits that do not complete on their original value date are rolled over to the next available value date.
- If a direct debit does not complete on the original value date, your account will be debited (on the original date) and then re-credited on the day the direct debit completes.
- If the direct debit cannot be completed, your account is debited.
- Host-to-Host Returns and Rejects reporting: Clients who use this file transmission reporting service will be notified of forward value cancellations on the processing date rather than value date.
- Host-to-Host Individual Accounting Reporting of Cancellations: Clients who use this file transmission reporting service will receive cancellation notifications if configured for Individual Accounting.
Please contact your service representative.