Issued in the interest of investors:
Clients may click on the below link to Sebi Complaints Redress System (SCORES) to lodge their complaints online with SEBI.
Filling complaints on SCORES- Easy & Quick
A. Register on SCORES portal
B. Mandatory details for filling complaints on SCORES
l. Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID
l. Effective Communication
ll. Speedy redressal of the grievances
Clients may click on the below link to Securities Market Approach for Resolution Through ODR Portal (SMART ODR Portal) to lodge their complaints online. This platform is designed to enhance investor grievance redressal by enabling investors to access Online Dispute Resolution Institutions for the resolution of their complaints.
SMART ODR Portal.
Email ID for lodgment of grievances pertaining to -
Custody Services : email@example.com
Depository Operations : firstname.lastname@example.org
Designated Depository Participant : email@example.com
Clients may click on the link for Investor Grievances escalation matrix
Clients may click on the link for Data on compliants received and redressal thereof for: Custodian, Designated Depository Participant.
Steps for filing a complaint & status check:
- For Complaints/grievances related to Demat Services please write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or personnel mentioned under Investor Grievances escalation matrix.
- In absence of response/ complaint not addressed to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint with SEBI at https://scores.gov.in/scores/Welcome.html
- Investor to check status of complaints by writing to the DP at email@example.com or by directly logging to SCORES website, where compliant is lodged.
Clients may click on the below link to view:
Investor Charter for Custodian
Investor Charter for Designated Depository Participant
Clients may click on the below link to view the Investor Charter for Depositories and Depository Participants- NSDL, CDSL.
Learn more about Rights and Obligations of Beneficial Owner and Depository Participant
Demat Account Opening Steps:
- Request for opening Demat account – interested investors may write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing J.P. Morgan of the services they wish to avail and type of demat account that they wish to open i.e. FPI, FDI, FVCI, FCCB etc. J.P. Morgan Chase Bank N.A. (JPM) will accordingly share with client the application form and documentation list.
- Submission of application forms – Investor would need to submit duly executed and signed account opening and other relevant forms including supporting documents, for opening a depository account.
- Submission of necessary KYC documents – Investor needs to submit necessary KYC documents including proof of Identification and proof of address.
- Verification of documents by Depository Participant – Depository Participant (JPM) will review the documents submitted by investor and will connect for any clarification or any additional information required.
- Opening of Demat account – Upon completion of the review and verification of the documents and information so submitted, the account will be opened and an intimation will be sent to the client.
Prevent unauthorized transactions in your demat account: Update your mobile number with your depository participant. Receive alerts on your registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from the depository on the same day.
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a one-time exercise while dealing in securities markets. Once KYC is done through an SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, Depository Participant (DP), Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
Mandatory updation of KYC attributes: Clients are required to mandatorily provide the 6 KYC attributes i.e. name, address, Permanent Account Number (PAN), valid mobile number, email address and income range for opening of new depository accounts effective August 1, 2021 and for existing accounts effective March 31, 2022.
Clients may click on the link to view the Advisory on KYC Compliance.
No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account.
FAQs on ASBA IPO for Investors
SOP for Additional Disclosures Requirement - Client may click on the link for SOP framed by the DDPs, Custodians, Depositories, Clearing Corporations and Exchanges, in consultation with SEBI, for implementation of the SEBI circular SEBI/HO/AFD/AFD-PoD-2/CIR/P/2023/148 issued on August 24, 2023.
Clients may click on the below link for accessing the e-Voting platform of NSDL https://eservices.nsdl.com.
Clients may click on the Link for accessing the updated version of master circular for Issue and Listing of Non-Convertible Securities, Securitized Debt Instruments, Security Receipts, Municipal Debt Securities and Commercial Paper.
Clients may click on the below link for accessing format of select reports submitted to SEBI by DDP / Custodians.
DP registration number: IN-DP-492-2020
Registered address: JP Morgan Chase Bank, National Association , JP Morgan Tower, OFF C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz East, Mumbai 400 098
Correspondence address: J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., 9th Floor, Tower A, Block 9, Nirlon Knowledge Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East),
Mumbai 400 063
Clients may click on the link for details of Key Managerial Personnel (KMPs)
Clients may click on the link for details of Authorized Persons
For opening an account – write to us on email@example.com