Please update your browser.
J.P. Morgan in Luxembourg
Local expertise. Global resources. Our commitment to Luxembourg.
J.P. Morgan has a proud history of supporting clients, with more than 50 years in Luxembourg and for nearly 200 years across Europe. This is part of J.P. Morgan’s premier global franchise, which includes local market presence across Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). From Luxembourg, across the region and around the globe, we deliver leading financial services products to a diverse and sophisticated client base that includes some of the world’s most important corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Clients can access an array of Asset Management, Private Banking, Securities Services and Treasury Services solutions.
Globally, through the JPMorgan Chase Foundation, we make philanthropic investments in cities where we have major operations, assisting those at a disadvantage by helping them build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. Across EMEA, the firm focuses its investment and attention on three pillars: Economic Development, Financial Empowerment and Workforce Readiness.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. As announced in 2020, JPMorgan Chase will deploy $2 billion in philanthropic capital around the world by 2025. We also lead volunteer service activities for employees in local communities by utilizing our many resources, including those that stem from access to capital, economies of scale, global reach and expertise.
In the centre of Europe, Luxembourg is known for a stable political, legal and regulatory regime, making it a popular location for companies to base their regional and worldwide operations and shared service centres.
- Triple A country rating from all of the well-known credit rating agencies
- GDP growth consistently above the European average
- Highly-skilled talent pool
- One of the most multilingual countries in Europe
- Investment in high-quality internet and telecommunications infrastructure
- Home to a significant percentage of European-certified data centres
Our Local History:
With a legacy dating back to 1799, we have a history of demonstrating leadership during times of both economic growth and financial instability. Below you will find major milestones from the firm’s history in Luxembourg. The institutions listed in the timeline are several examples of the over 1,200 predecessors that make up today’s JPMorgan Chase.
- 1973: Chase Manhattan Bank opens Chase Manhattan Bank Luxembourg, S.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary. The new subsidiary is located in Luxembourgville’s new Centre La Luxembourgoise and provides services such as short and medium term loan facilities in Eurocurrencies as well as in Luxembourg francs.
- 1988: J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Europe) S.àr.l is established and is now among the largest promoters of Luxembourg-based funds.
- 1988: Fleming Asset Management, part of Robert Fleming Holdings, establishes an office in Luxembourg.
- 1989: J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg commences custody banking in Luxembourg.
- 2004: J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg becomes the largest custodian in the country.
- 2019: J.P. Morgan International Bank Limited merges with J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A.
You're now leaving J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. J.P. Morgan isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the J.P. Morgan name.