Treasury and Payments
How Digital Transformation is Driving Payment and Treasury Excellence
Max Neukirchen, CEO of Merchant Services at J.P. Morgan and Karen Webster, CEO of
PYMNTS.com discuss the way digital innovation can help merchants provide
great customer experiences and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
- J.P. Morgan Merchant Services’ CEO, Max Neukirchen believes COVID-19 may have permanently changed consumer shopping and payment behavior.
- Forward-thinking merchants with seamless omnichannel experiences have benefitted most from changing consumer needs.
- Some retail segments have seen online sales reach levels normally reserved for the holiday shopping season.
- Integrating digital payments with adjacent business processes can improve the speed and accuracy of an organization’s financial position.
- J.P. Morgan is helping clients improve liquidity and strengthen their balance sheets by integrating pay-in and pay-out strategies.
- Organizations that can integrate and understand data spanning payments, supply chain and treasury business processes can achieve a competitive advantage.
MAX NEUKIRCHEN, CEO OF MERCHANT SERVICES,
Max Neukirchen is Chief Executive Officer of Merchant Services, which serves clients of every size – from sole proprietors to the largest companies on earth. Merchant Services at JPMorgan Chase & Co. is the dominant eCommerce payment processor in North America and Europe. Max leads the business end-to-end, from product development and technology to relationship management and servicing for hundreds of thousands of clients.
Prior to becoming Merchant Services CEO in January 2020, Max was Head of Firmwide Strategy and Business Development for JPMorgan Chase as well as Chief of Staff for the Corporate & Investment Bank.
Max holds a Master of Philosophy degree in Physics from the University of Cambridge, and a PhD in Finance from the Macquarie Graduate School of Management in Sydney.