On a mission to grow your veteran-owned business? Start here
In recognition of National Military Appreciation Month, we’ve gathered content from around JPMorgan Chase to help educate and empower veteran business owners and other military-adjacent companies.
Every May, we observe National Military Appreciation Month to recognize the achievements and sacrifices of current and former servicemembers.
Part of showing support for our armed forces means ensuring veterans have the resources to succeed after they leave the military. Veterans are a particularly motivated group of entrepreneurs, and JPMorgan Chase has several programs and efforts in place to get them the resources, capital and opportunities they need. These include:
- The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, which celebrated its 10-year anniversary in 2021
- The Veteran Jobs Mission
- Our CEOcircle partnership with Bunker Labs
- Being a founding partner of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families and Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans initiative at Syracuse University
- Being a founding partner of the National Veteran-Owned Business Association
Below, veteran business owners can find additional content meant to educate, inspire and empower them.
Number of Fortune 500 companies that spend at least $1 billion annually with diverse suppliers 1
- 6 tips to help diverse suppliers in 2022 (article)
- Diverse-owned business certification can be a game-changer (infographic)
- How to become a certified diverse-owned business (guide)
- 'Mission: Business' podcast geared toward veterans of color (article and podcast)
- Serving opportunities to veterans (article)
Clayton Poff, owner of Pure Light Clean Air
of business leaders expect their revenues to increase or remain the same in 20222
of business leaders expect their profits to grow or hold steady in 20222
- ‘Mission: Business' Episode 5: Resiliency: Marching Forward Through Adversity (podcast)
- 2021 National Survey of Military-Affiliated Entrepreneurs (report)
- Building a future for veteran entrepreneurs (article)
- 2022 Business Leaders Outlook (report)
- Virtual Event: 2022 Business Leaders Outlook (webinar)
- 'Mission: Business' Episode 3: Access to Opportunity—The Power of a Strong Business Network (podcast)
- Having an impact first as veterans, now entrepreneurs (article)
- How one Air Force veteran turned a terminal diagnosis into a new mission (article)
- Brewing up generational wealth with coffee (article)
- Paintru delivers a masterpiece thanks to military-style logistics (article)
Trévon Sailor, CEO of Sailor’s Brew Coffee
- Providing communities for our veterans (article)
- New Markets Tax Credit investments that help veterans (article)
- A place to call home (article)
- Veterans bring a military mindset to commercial real estate (article)
- Twenty-five percent of veterans want to start a business. Here's what they need to succeed. (article)
- Can the corporate world help veterans navigate the reverse military transition? (article)
- From helicopter missions to veteran small businesses (article)
- A new home base for veterans working at JPMorgan Chase (article)
- After the military (article)
- How JPMorgan Chase is expanding who’s at the table (article)
“The values that veterans bring to the table—character, leadership, teamwork, fortitude—align exactly with the principles of a successful business owner, making veteran entrepreneurs a critical part of our nation’s economic engine.”
—Mark Elliott, Managing Director and Global Head of Military and Veterans Affairs at JPMorgan Chase
If you’d like to learn even more about how JPMorgan Chase can assist your veteran-owned business, please contact our Office of Military and Veterans Affairs, or reach out to your banking relationship team.
You can also sign up for more Commercial Banking insights and news at the bottom of any page on the JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking website.
1Membership statistics, Billion Dollar Roundtable
22022 Business Leaders Outlook
© 2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Visit jpmorgan.com/cb-disclaimer for disclosures and disclaimers related to this content.