Please update your browser.
J.P. Morgan Markets Security Center
How to Protect Yourself against Cyber Fraud
At J.P. Morgan, we use a variety of technologies and techniques to help ensure that our products and services are secure. You should protect yourself too by making an effort to control risks when you use your computer or conduct business online.
Do not respond or reply to an email, phone call or text message that:
- Requires you to supply personal or account information (such as a user ID, password, or account numbers) directly in the email, non-secure webpage or text message
- Threatens to close or suspend your access if you do not take immediate action
- Invites you to answer a survey that asks you to enter personal or account information
- States your account has been compromised, or there has been third-party activity on your account, and then asks you to provide or confirm your personal or account information
- Asks another user to log on from your computer
- Asks you to confirm, verify or refresh your account, password, email, or other information
You should never:
- Open emails, launch links, or open attachments from unknown sources
- Share your user ID, password, secure token device or the answers to your security questions with anyone
- Leave written notes with your log-in credentials nearby your computer or in an easy-to-find place where they can be viewed by others
- Leave inactive user profiles online
- Leave your computer, mobile devices and related digital media in unsecured locations, such as in your car
- Pay special attention to links and attachments
- Change your passwords often, choosing passwords that are hard for others to guess
- Use different passwords for different websites
- Always log off at the end of a session
- Use only software approved by your company and follow your firm’s data security policies
- Keep anti-virus software up to date and use current versions of web browsers
- Forward suspicious emails that appear to come from J.P. Morgan to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call your J.P. Morgan Markets Client Service Representative immediately or reach out to your regional Help Desk via Customer Care if repeatedly prompted for log on information
Reminder: It is NOT our practice to:
- Send emails that require you to enter personal security information directly into the email
- Send emails threatening to close your account if you do not take the immediate action of providing personal or business information
- Send emails asking you to reply by sending personal or business information
Visit Online Safety Tips for more information and see some of our other links to help you protect your organization in today's challenging environment.
You're now leaving J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. J.P. Morgan isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the J.P. Morgan name.