Driving growth for Hispanic and Latino business owners
In recognition of National Hispanic Heritage Month, we’ve gathered content to help Hispanic and Latino entrepreneurs succeed and scale their businesses.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is an annual celebration of history, culture and community. Hispanic and Latino entrepreneurs are among those whose achievements are recognized.
JPMorgan Chase’s $30 billion Racial Equity Commitment aims to help close the racial wealth gap and drive inclusive growth for historically underrepresented communities. This year-round commitment includes advancing Hispanic and Latino companies through relationships, business opportunities, financial solutions, resources and more.
Here, we’ve collected content to help Hispanic and Latino business owners drive growth, optimize operations and become better leaders.
Supplier diversity opportunities
- 6 tips to help diverse suppliers in 2022 (article)
- Diverse-owned business certification can be a game-changer (infographic)
- How to become a certified diverse-owned business (guide)
- Why diverse-owned supplier certification matters (article)
- 5 ways to grow as a diverse supplier (article)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council + JPMorgan Chase Certification Reimbursement Initiative (program)
“There’s never been such a great opportunity for diverse businesses as there is right now. [Recent events] have made Fortune 500 companies a lot more proactive around supporting diverse businesses. I think that’s a multiyear trend to follow."
—Frederick Royall III, Managing Director and National Head of Diverse Businesses at JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking
Access to capital
- Latino-owned businesses may be the U.S. economy's best bet (article)
- Nelly Arandia Official discovers self-confidence is the real product (article)
- Closing the Latino wealth gap with youth-focused, digital content (podcast)
- Small business owner liquid wealth at firm startup and exit (report)
- Racial income inequality dynamics: Big data insights from 2013 through COVID-19 (report)
- 'Mission: Business' Episode 4: Getting Money—Part 2 (podcast)
Scaling for growth
- The big difference small businesses can make (article)
- Place matters: Small business financial health in urban communities (report)
- Family brings its Dominican culture and recipes to the U.S. (article)
- Data Dialogue: National Urban League, PolicyLink, and the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies discuss racial, economic, and social equity (report)
(Clockwise from left) Grecia, Maria, Nieve and Juana Morel, Mamita’s Ices. Photo credit: Kel
Navigating current environment
- For minority business owners, the time is now (article)
- 2022 Business Leaders Outlook Pulse Survey (report)
- 2022 Business Leaders Outlook: Confidence breaks through (article)
- COVID-19 and the Female Labor Force: Why the Gender Gap is Getting Wider (report)
- Small Business Panel (podcast)
The amount in liquid assets Hispanic and Latino women have for every $1 held by white men
Source: COVID-19 and the Female Labor Force: Why the Gender Gap is Getting Wider
- Six steps to building a DEI strategy from the ground up (article)
- Strategies for building your company's DEI team (article)
- 3 ways to integrate diversity, equity and inclusion across your business (article)
- Leading by example: How to increase diversity in tech (article)
Leadership and community building
- Meet the people behind Community Development Banking’s investments (article)
- Three Babes Bakeshop owner on pandemic lessons and the importance of community (podcast)
- Latino/Latina husband and wife brewery owners share the ingredients of a successful business (article)
- Faces of opportunity: Finding the American dream in a parking lot (article)
- Claudia Romo Edelman, Founder, We Are All Human (podcast)
Patty Rodriguez, owner of SF Parking
JPMorgan Chase Leadership
- On a mission to recognize and support Latino success, with JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s Head of Advancing Hispanics & Latinos (podcast)
- JPMorgan Chase walks it like they talk it at the Wealth Summit in Dallas (article)
- How JPMorgan Chase is expanding who’s at the table (article)
- Supporting an inclusive economy: small businesses, Black and Latinx entrepreneurs, and their intersection (article)
- JPMorgan Chase’s head of community impact on closing wealth gaps in America (podcast)
- Camila Penna, JPMorgan Chase & Co. (podcast)
“Our small businesses, as well as our Black and Hispanic and Latino communities—and their intersections—are integral to the well-being and character of our local communities.”
—Ted Archer, Global Head of Business Partner Diversity at JPMorgan Chase
Learn about JPMorgan Chase’s efforts to support Hispanic and Latino communities.
Looking for more content?
© 2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. All rights reserved. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Visit jpmorgan.com/cb-disclaimer for disclosures and disclaimers related to this content.