Please update your browser.
Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund
Dolores Zohrab Liebmann was the daughter of Krikor Zohrab, a prominent Armenian intellectual, writer and statesman. She supported students and educational and charitable organizations during her lifetime.
1. Graduate school fellowships in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training).
2. Fellowships are restricted to graduate students who are United States citizens attending an accredited and designated institution of higher education within the United States.
You can view a list of designated institutions under “Application for Fellowships,” below.
Graduate student applicants can be of any national descent but must be U.S. citizens. Applications must be submitted through the dean of the university where the student is pursuing graduate studies. Please contact your school’s financial aid or fellowship office for more information and to obtain an application.
3. Fellowship candidates must have an outstanding undergraduate record, demonstrate financial need and be attending a designated college or university.
4. Fellowships cover the cost of tuition and provide an annual $18,000 stipend for living expenses.
5. Fellowship applications are distributed to designated universities in October, applications are due in January and notifications are sent by mid-June.
Independent Research/Study Projects
1. Independent research or study projects which must be carried out entirely in the United States of America.
2. Independent research and study grants are restricted to scholars who are based in and conducting research in the United States. PLEASE NOTE: Independent research and study grants are not being offered at this time.
1. Publications focusing on Armenian culture, history and literature of the nineteenth century or earlier.
2. The Fund also assists in the publication of certain select doctoral dissertations in the aforesaid fields of study.
3. Deadlines for submitting application are April 15 and November 15.
Additional conditions apply for all three programs.
JPMorgan Chase Relationship:
Application for Fellowships
Fellowships are restricted to graduate students who are United States citizens attending an accredited and designated institution of higher education within the United States. The program of study need not be limited to Armenian studies, and candidates can be of any national descent. Applications must be submitted through the dean of the university where the student is pursuing graduate studies. Please contact your school’s financial aid or fellowship office for more information and to obtain an application.
Below is the list of designated universities and colleges.
- Albany Medical College (NY)
- American University School of International Service (DC)
- Baylor University (TX)
- Boston College (MA)
- Brandeis University (MA)
- Brown University (RI)
- Bryn Mawr College (PA)
- California Institute of Technology (CA)
- California State University, Northridge (CA)
- Carnegie Mellon (PA)
- Case Western Reserve University (OH)
- Claremont McKenna (CA)
- Clark University (MA)
- College of William and Mary (VA)
- Columbia University (NY)
- CUNY Graduate Center (NY)
- Cornell University (NY)
- Dartmouth College (NH)
- Duke University (NC)
- Emory University (GA)
- Fordham University (NY)
- George Washington University (DC)
- Georgetown University (DC)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (GA)
- Harvard University (MA)
- Indiana University, Bloomington (IN)
- Johns Hopkins University (MD)
- Long School of Medicine, UT Health San Antonio (TX)
- Marist College (NY)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MA)
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (MN)
- Michigan State University (MI)
- Middlebury College (VT)
- Mount Holyoke College (MA)
- The New School (NY)
- New York University (NY)
- Northwestern University (IL)
- Oberlin College (OH)
- Penn State University (PA)
- Princeton University (NJ)
- Purdue University (IN)
- Rice University (TX)
- Rutgers University (NJ)
- Seton Hall University (NJ)
- Southern Methodist University (TX)
- St. Nersess Armenian Seminary (NY)
- Stanford University (CA)
- SUNY Downstate Medical School – Medical Students Only (NY)
- Syracuse University (NY)
- Trinity College (CT)
- Tufts University (MA)
- Tulane University (LA)
- University of California, Berkeley (CA)
- University of California, Irvine (CA)
- University of California, Los Angeles (CA)
- University of California, Riverside (CA)
- University of California, San Diego (CA)
- UCSF School of Medicine (CA)
- University of Chicago (IL)
- University of Colorado, Boulder (CO)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (IL)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (IL)
- University of Kentucky
- University of Maryland, College Park (MD)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (MI)
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (NC)
- University of Notre Dame (IN)
- University of Pennsylvania (PA)
- University of Pittsburgh (PA)
- University of Rochester (NY)
- University of Southern California (CA)
- University of Texas, Austin (TX)
- University of Virginia (VA)
- University of Washington, Seattle (WA)
- University of Wisconsin (WI)
- Vanderbilt University (TN)
- Wake Forest University (NC)
- Washington and Lee University (VA)
- Washington University, St. Louis (MO)
- Wesleyan University (CT)
- Williams College (MA)
- Yale University (CT)
All correspondence for the fellowship program, including receipts and reports, should be addressed to the appropriate contact person.
The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund c/o Tina Gonzalez, Grants Manager
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
PO Box 227237
Dallas, TX 75222-7237
* Please contact your school’s financial aid or fellowship office for more information and to obtain an application.
All inquiries regarding this program should be mailed to:
The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund
c/o Mr. M. Haigentz, Program Coordinator
1518 11th Street
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
You're now leaving J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan’s website and/or mobile terms, privacy and security policies don’t apply to the site or app you're about to visit. Please review its terms, privacy and security policies to see how they apply to you. J.P. Morgan isn’t responsible for (and doesn’t provide) any products, services or content at this third-party site or app, except for products and services that explicitly carry the J.P. Morgan name.