Commodity Curve Index
The JPMorgan Commodity Curve Index family (‘JPMCCI’) is a family of passive benchmark indices, which track the performance of 36 commodity underliers and captures investment opportunities across the entire futures curve of each underlier with reference to its historical open interest data.
By investing along the entire length of the futures curve in proportion to its open interest, JPMCCI avoids the front-end bias of traditional indices. Investors gain diversification benefits by gaining exposure both within and across a broad set of commodity markets. Additional benefits of the JPMCCI include balanced sector allocation, significantly reduced roll drag and enhanced simulated risk-adjusted returns when compared to traditional passive indices.
Investors will be able to gain exposure to the JPMCCI through typical performance replication products such as delta-1 certificates and notes, excess/total return swaps or structured products (capital guarantee, leverage) or other bespoke solutions.
JPMCCI Energy Light Total Return Index
The JPMCCI Energy Light Total Return Index is a representative, robust and diversified index that has a maximum allocation of 33% to energy, captures a broad share of the investable commodities universe and is diversified across maturities.
The JPMCCI Energy Light Fund is an open-end fund that is UCITS III compliant and has been designed to replicate the performance of the JPMCCI Energy Light Total Return Index. The fund is available through distributors in France, Austria, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands only.
Commodity Investments team:
London: +44 207 134 15 10
- Changes to Index Composition 2014
- Changes to index composition 2013
- Removal of Heating Oil during May 12 Roll
- Introducing the J.P. Morgan Commodity Curve Index (JPMCCI) - Research document
- JPMCCI Rules Document
- JPMCCI Composition File & Daily Performance (.xls)
- JPMCCI Contract Weights: Jan - June 2014
- JPMCCI Contract Weights: July - Dec 2013
- JPMCCI Ex-FM Contract Weights: July - Dec 2013
- JPMCCI Supplement 2013
Questions & Answers (Q&A) and Risk Disclosure Documents
- JPMCCI Family Q&A
- JPMCCI General Risk Disclosure
- JPMCCI Energy Excess Return Index Q&A
- JPMCCI Energy Excess Return Index Risk Disclosure
- JPMCCI Ex-Front Month Aggregate Excess Return and Total Return Q&A
- JPMCCI Ex-Front Month Aggregate Excess Return and Total Return Risk Disclosure
- JPMCCI Ex-Front Month Crude Oil Excess Return and Total Return Q&A
- JPMCCI Ex-Front Month Crude Oil Excess Return and Total Return Risk Disclosure
- JPMCCI Agriculture Excess Return and Total Return Indices: Q&A and Risk Disclosure
- JPMCCI Agriculture Excess Return and Total Return Indices: Q&A and Risk Disclosure (Turkish)
- JPMCCI Q&A (German)
- For information about the JPMCCI volatilty targeted indices see JPMLOVTI