State and Local Government
J.P. Morgan has the proven capabilities and the dedicated expertise to help state and local governments in the current financial climate. We have unique, first-hand knowledge and understanding of today's challenges, having supported government agencies and authorities dealing with issues ranging from planning and development to tax processing, utilities, finance, procurement, public safety and disaster relief. This demonstrated experience is critical, enabling us to tailor solutions to government entities' most complex banking and cash management problems.
State and local governments place their confidence in J.P. Morgan's expertise, counting on our team's skills and experience to provide measurable, long-term benefits. We help state and local governments to:
- Reduce the burden of over-extended budgets by providing credit and liquidity solutions at competitive rates and terms
- Bridge tax collection gaps by providing tax anticipation notes and bond anticipation notes
- Provide customized equipment financing solutions
- Simplify the collection and disbursement of funds and related documentation
- Address resource constraints by automating manual, paper-based activities
- Increase convenience of procurement with innovative purchasing card solutions
State and local governments need treasury solutions for improved cost savings in the short- term and more transparent process efficiencies in the long run. J.P. Morgan's tailored solutions also help government entities simplify and improve their service levels and supplier management.
J.P. Morgan offers tailored, competitive credit and liquidity solutions for state and local governments. Our clients benefit from partnering with a bank that has a strong balance sheet that we can deploy on their behalf though direct lending, bond credit enhancement and liquidity, equipment financing, and anticipation notes.
J.P. Morgan experts offer their insight into the trends that impact today's state and local governments.