Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan is a leading provider of treasury services worldwide, with specialist industry teams categorised into four groups:
- Financial Institutions / Public Sector covering banks, public sector agencies and non-government organisations
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions covering fund managers, funds, insurers, financial aggregators, dealer/brokers and other financial services companies
- Local Corporates covering local corporations headquartered in Australasia
- Multinationals covering the local operations of overseas-based corporations
As the largest provider of U.S. dollar clearing services to banks in Australia and around the world, J.P. Morgan is often referred to as the "Banker's Bank". Over the years this core strength has been extended into:
- Multicurrency clearing services
- Outsourced trade processing
- Trade risk participation
- Bank notes and cash letter clearing
- Automated FX services
These same international clearing services are also increasingly being deployed by central banks and public sector debt management agencies. Similarly, J.P. Morgan has a focus on providing international cash management services to public sector agencies and non-governmental organisations that operate overseas missions and therefore need local cash management and payment services while maintaining centralised controls.
This specialist team within Treasury Services covers fund managers, funds, insurers, financial aggregators, dealer/brokers and other financial services companies.
J.P. Morgan has developed a range of specialist products and structured solutions that support this sector, including:
- Applications and redemptions processing solutions for funds
- Sponsored exchange clearing and margining solutions for trading businesses
- Continuous linked settlement solutions for large FX users
- Bank note and cash letter clearing to support consumer-related transactions and high volume clearing and FX conversion solutions for non-bank finance organisations servicing consumers and SMEs
J.P. Morgan provides a range of treasury solutions to assist Australian corporates that are growing their offshore operations, as well as newly globalising Asian companies that are setting up in Australia.
J.P. Morgan has global product capability and on-the-ground relationship coverage and local operating hubs in countries throughout Asia, North America and Europe. Australian corporate relationships are managed from Australia, accessing global expertise and local services where required.
Efficient account structures and a global network covering more than 50 countries offer Australian corporates a range of cash concentration solutions and a competitive rate of return in different physical locations.
J.P. Morgan's solutions are also ideally suited to managing a company's core treasury settlement activity where centralised management, payment and reporting of large-value transactions in a range of formats and across multiple currencies is essential.
J.P. Morgan's specialised escrow services can also assist corporates on both the buy and sell side of mergers and acquisitions activity, providing enhanced security to corporates and their shareholders.
J.P. Morgan provides a full range of domestic cash management, trade, FX, investment and funding solutions to assist multinationals with their local banking needs in Australia.
The local subsidiaries of global relationships are managed in Australia, with local sales and client service coverage officers linked into their regional and global peers, providing a truly global coverage model.
Within the multinational sector, J.P. Morgan has also developed additional specialist industry coverage teams focusing on customised solutions for key global industries such as resources, pharmaceuticals, consumer goods, technology and others.