Treasury Services in Singapore
J.P. Morgan is a top-ranked, full-service provider of innovative payment, collection, liquidity and investment management, trade, commercial card and information solutions to corporations, financial services institutions, governments and municipalities worldwide. With more than 50,000 clients, and the ability to deliver services in more than 50 countries, J.P. Morgan is one of the world’s largest providers of treasury management services.*
Singapore is one of J.P. Morgan’s largest locations outside of the U.S. and serves as a regional hub for many of the bank’s businesses in Southeast Asia, including Treasury Services. J.P. Morgan offers a full range of cash management services, in local and foreign currencies, in support of our Singapore-based clients and the many multinational companies that have established regional treasury centers in the country.*
Customer service support is provided by in-country staff in both English and Chinese.
Accounts are available in local Singapore dollar and foreign currencies including US dollar, euro, pound sterling and Japanese yen.
Payables and Receivables Management Services
- Counter Services – Available in SGD and USD.
- High-Value Electronic Payments and Receipts – Process via direct access with the local clearing system (MEPS) or through SWIFT for international settlements.
- Low-Value Electronic Payments and Receipts – Process via local clearing channel for non-urgent small settlements.
- Lockbox Services – Collect from customers by lockbox through our network bank. Available in SGD and USD.
- Check Clearing – Full check deposit and clearing services, with the option to use courier to pick up checks at customer and remitter offices. Available in SGD and USD.
- Foreign Currency Payments – Pay to and receive payment from offshore beneficiaries in multiple currencies via our AutoFX payments and receipts service. AutoFX is a convenient alternative to dealing directly with an FX desk for clients who value flexibility and convenience along with competitive rates. Available from all J.P. Morgan accounts, AutoFX allows for easy execution of FX payments, receipts and drafts.
- Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading – Receive active quotes and execute trades in a wide range of currencies and in a variety of instruments, including spot, forward, swaps, options and foreign currency-to-foreign currency onshore conversion.
Liquidity Management Services
- Interest-bearing accounts
- Time Deposits – Term funding for clients with longer-dated liquidity
- Cash Concentration – Physical cash concentration (in-country sweeping and cross-border sweeping services) and notional cash concentration
- Working Capital Facilities – Offers overdrafts
Electronic Banking Services: J.P. Morgan Channels
J.P. Morgan electronic banking services provide an easy and efficient way to interface with J.P. Morgan Singapore and the global J.P. Morgan network. Our broad range of banking services includes accounts payable, payroll, treasury settlement, cash accounting and collections management. Supported channels include:
- Browser – Initiate web-based electronic payments as well as intraday and end-of-day information reporting.
- Host to host – Integrates with your financial systems to process bulk files for both local and foreign currency payments and other related communications. Includes SWIFT Corporate Access.
Foreign Exchange Services
J.P. Morgan is a top-tier liquidity provider in global FX markets, offering competitive pricing across multiple currency pairs in cash and derivative products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services – from plain vanilla to exotic options, and from major currencies to emerging markets.
J.P. Morgan combines its leading foreign exchange and global funds transfer capabilities to provide clients with convenient ways to handle their foreign currency payments and manage foreign currency exposures. Our local teams ensure we are on hand to respond to our clients with the best service and advice.
J.P. Morgan offers trade services in SGD and foreign currencies to Singapore-based clients to complement our cash management offering:
- Classical Trade – Issue, advise, confirm and negotiate letters of credit (LC), provide silent LC confirmation, discount bills of exchange, discount payables and receivables.
- Structured Trade Finance – Provide Export Credit Agency (ECA) financing, export financing, syndicated trade facilities, bank-to-bank LCs and discount payment obligations.
- Global Supply Chain – Provide end-to-end cross-border financing, settlement and risk mitigation for buyers and suppliers, including private label LCs (PLLCs), purchase order payments platform, supply chain financing and other pre- and post-shipment financing.
J.P. Morgan offers escrow services* for attorneys, accountants and other financial professionals involved in mergers and acquisitions, capital raising or other transactions that require escrow strategies.
* Support for escrow services in Singapore is offered from our Hong Kong office.
Commercial Cards Services
J.P. Morgan offers corporate card services through alliances with local banks. J.P. Morgan facilitates the application process between clients and local banks for clients who have U.S. and/or EMEA card programs with J.P. Morgan and are expanding their programs to Asia Pacific.
* These products are only available to corporate clients. They are not for individuals.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.For more information, please refer to Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation website at www.sdic.org.sg.