Treasury Services in Hong Kong
J.P. Morgan is a top-ranked, full-service provider of innovative payment, collection, liquidity and investment management, trade, commercial card and information solutions to corporations, financial services institutions, governments and municipalities worldwide. With more than 50,000 clients, and the ability to deliver services in more than 50 countries, J.P. Morgan is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services.*
In Hong Kong, a full range of cash management services — in local and foreign currencies — is available through our wholesale branch.* Among other things, J.P. Morgan operates a regional operations hub in Hong Kong for processing payments, trade and liquidity services. Hong Kong also serves as a center for product development and systems enhancement work for the region. Customer service support is provided by in-country staff in both English and Chinese.
Interest-bearing settlement accounts are available in local and foreign currencies. Foreign currency accounts include all major currencies, including but not limited to the four major global currencies: U.S. dollar, euro, pound sterling and Japanese yen.
Cash Management Services
Since Hong Kong is a leading global financial center with a well-developed banking infrastructure, many companies choose to place their regional treasury headquarters in Hong Kong and use it as a regional hub for liquidity management. J.P. Morgan is well-suited to support their needs as well as those of companies that choose to outsource their entire financial transaction workflows.
Foreign Exchange Services
J.P. Morgan is a top-tier liquidity provider in global FX markets, offering competitive pricing across multiple currency pairs in cash and derivatives products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services — from plain vanilla to exotic options, and from major currencies to emerging markets.
J.P. Morgan combines its leading foreign exchange and global funds transfer capabilities to provide clients with convenient ways to handle their foreign currency payments and manage foreign currency exposures. Our local teams ensure we are on hand to respond to our clients with the best service and advice.
Payables and Receivables Management Services
HKD Counter Services — Available at 10 locations throughout Hong Kong Island , Kowloon and the New Territories.
- High-Value Electronic Payments and Receipts — Process via direct access with HKD and USD RTGS systems (CHATS) or through SWIFT for international settlements.
- HKD Low-Value Electronic Payments and Receipts — Process direct debit and direct credit via ECG.
- HKD Check Clearing — Enjoy full check deposit and issuance services in HKD and USD.
- Foreign Currency Payments — Pay to and receive payment from offshore beneficiaries in multiple currencies via our AutoFX payments and receipts service. AutoFX is a convenient alternative to dealing directly with an FX desk for clients who value flexibility and convenience along with competitive rates. Available from all J.P. Morgan accounts, AutoFX allows for easy execution of FX payments, receipts and drafts.
- Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading — Receive active quotes and execute trades in a wide range of currencies and in a variety of instruments, including spot, forward, swaps and options.
Liquidity Management Services
- Interest-Bearing Account — Offers credit interest on demand deposit accounts
- Time Deposits — Term funding with longer-dated liquidity
- Physical Cash Concentration — Offers in-country sweeping and cross-border sweeping services
- Working Capital Facilities — Offers overdrafts
Electronic Banking Services: J.P. Morgan Channels
J.P. Morgan electronic banking services provide an easy and efficient way to interface with J.P. Morgan Hong Kong and the global J.P. Morgan network. Our broad range of banking services includes accounts payable, payroll, treasury settlement, cash accounting and collections management. Supported channels include:
- Browser — Initiate web-based electronic payments as well as intraday and end-of-day information reporting.
- Host to host — Integrates with your financial systems to process bulk files for both local and foreign currency payments and other related communications. Includes SWIFT Corporate Access.
Other domestic and cross-border services available in HKD and foreign currencies to Hong Kong-based clients to complement our cash management offering:
- Classical Trade — Issue, advise, confirm and negotiate letters of credit (LC), back-to-back LCs, import and export loans, standby LC and guarantee, document fulfillment/preparation, bills purchase, supply chain financing and electronic trade platforms. Outsourcing solutions are also available for financial institutions.
- Structured Trade Finance — Provide Export Credit Agency (ECA) financing, export financing, syndicated trade facilities and discount payment obligations.
- Global Supply Chain — Provide end-to-end cross-border financing, settlement and risk mitigation for buyers and suppliers, including direct Hong Kong LC issuance program, private label LCs (PLLCs), OA payment platform, pre- and post-shipment financing for vendors, payables and receivables financing.
A dedicated team in Hong Kong offers a full range of escrow services for attorneys, accountants and other financial professionals involved in mergers and acquisitions, litigation, capital raising or other transactions that require escrow strategies.
Commercial Cards Services
J.P. Morgan offers corporate card services through alliances with local banks. J.P. Morgan facilitates the application process between clients and local banks for clients who have U.S. and/or EMEA card programs with J.P. Morgan and are expanding their programs to Asia Pacific.
* These products are only available to corporate clients. They are not for individuals.