Investment Bank in Hong Kong
J.P. Morgan has significantly expanded its regional commodities business in recent years, and Asia is a fully integrated part of the firm's major global franchise.
This business is based in Singapore and operates through a regional network of dedicated teams located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Beijing, Sydney and Mumbai. The firm has sharply increased its capabilities and headcount to support its commitment to the long-term growth of the commodities operations in Asia.
The firm, which currently specializes in trading, structuring and principal investing of metal and energy products, brings a wealth of experience in risk management solutions to meet the increasing demands of institutional and corporate clients in the region.
A strong focus of the expansion in Asia has been to increase the firm's product coverage and live trading ability within Asian trading hours. It also provides 24-hour global execution services.
With a long-established metals business worldwide, J.P. Morgan stands at the forefront of metal market trends and product development is strongly represented in key metal centers in Asia. Products include:
- Precious metals
- Base metals
- Iron Ore
A market leader in the major energy market worldwide, J.P. Morgan has strong capabilities in executing and structuring risk management solutions across multiple energy products in Asia. Products include:
- Crude oil, JCC, TOCOM and other regional benchmarks
- Oil products – light/mid distillates, fuel oil, naphtha
- Natural gas
- Coal and emissions
- Freight (wet and dry)
- Physical oil
- Physical coal
- Softs and Ags
With origination and distribution capabilities, J.P. Morgan's products include:
Engaging in the acquisition of energy-related assets using the firm’s capital, the primary mission of the group is to invest in:
- Assets or asset portfolios that are complex, long term in nature, distressed, and/or currently sub-optimized
- Assets that leverage J.P. Morgan’s physical and financial commodity knowledge and trading infrastructure
- Opportunities that leverage our existing investment banking client franchise and create value by helping to address our counterparties’ risks or concern for future risk
To meet growing demands of structured commodity solutions, J.P. Morgan offers a wide array of innovative investor products, liability management and hedging solutions tailored for local Asian clients. Products include:
- Beta (JPMCCI, S&P GSCI, DJAIG)
- Beta + Alpha (CCI/CCIexFM, Contag, Seasonal rolls)
- Alpha (C-IGAR9, Optimax)