2011 International Impact Investing Challenge winners announced
Apr 18, 2011
On Friday, April 8, 2011 at the 2011 International Impact Investing Challenge, 12 student teams from top MBA programs pitched their investment ideas to a panel of experienced investors and senior officers who currently manage family foundations, pension funds and university endowments. The ideas were innovative and creative displays of how to construct financial instruments while generating economic returns and social impact.
Five teams were selected for the finalist round to compete for more than $40,000 in awards. The winners were announced that evening at a reception hosted by J.P. Morgan. The overall first prize was Grain Depot, presented by the Kellogg School of Management team from Northwestern University. The Said School of Business was named first runner-up with First National Energy Fund and the Stanford Graduate School of Business was second runner-up with Impact Shares. The Ross School of Business from the University of Michigan captured the J.P. Morgan Emerging Markets prize for their Re:Vive portfolio, while the Said School of Business from the University of Oxford was awarded the McCall Foundation Environmental Sustainability prize.
The ideas put forth by the 12 teams set the bar high for the 2012 International Impact Investing Challenge.
The International Impact Investing Challenge was sponsored by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, J.P. Morgan, the McCall Foundation, Equilibrium Capital Group, the Calvert Foundation, Impact Assets, and the Milken Institute.
- Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Harvard Business School, Harvard University
- Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Ross School of Business, University of Michigan
- Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
- Stern School of Business, New York University
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
More Info: To learn more about the International Impact Investing Challenge, visit www.impactinvestingchallenge.org. For more information about the Kellogg School of Management, visit www.kellogg.northwestern.edu. For more information about the Johnson Graduate School of Management, visit www.johnson.cornell.edu.