Whether you are establishing new Debtor-in-Possession accounts in accordance with your First Day Orders or creating a Post Confirmation Trust, J.P. Morgan provides comprehensive, customized cash management and investment solutions to support the needs of Chapter 11 debtors and related bankruptcy professionals.
As one of the world's largest, most diversified financial companies, J.P. Morgan has supported the banking needs for some of the highest-profile Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases across the nation.
- Experience: J.P. Morgan manages more than $7 billion in bankruptcy-related funds and is one of the largest Section 345 approved bankruptcy depositories in the nation. Our depository agreements are on file in every U.S. Trustee office - nationwide.
- Comprehensive, customized solutions: We approach each case individually to determine the needs and to structure the appropriate services. Our services range from simple operating accounts, to our integrated end-to-end cash, trade and treasury solutions. We use the resources of J.P. Morgan's internal network of business partners to augment our expertise with unparalleled investment and advisory capabilities, focused on preserving safety of principal and matching liquidity with investment objectives.
Bankruptcy professionals and other parties who use our cash management and investment services include:
- Chapter 11 trustees
- Litigation/liquidation trustees
- Disbursing agents
- Creditor committees
- Fiduciary advisors
- Claims administrators
- Section 524(g) trustees
- State and federal court-appointed receivers
- Assignees for the benefit of creditors
- Plan administrators
- M&A advisors
In addition to our cash management services, J.P. Morgan offers a range of escrow products to support the needs of distressed companies. We can quickly set up an escrow structure to mitigate potential risks and support 363 auctions or sales. Our escrows can be used for a number of situations, such as:
- Utility deposits
- Litigation settlements
- Environmental trusts
- Alternative to standby letter of credits
- Payments and distributions
- Dedicated team: J.P. Morgan's dedicated bankruptcy group is staffed with client managers who have extensive knowledge in both bankruptcy matters and cash management. Whether the Chapter 11 filing is large or small, simple or complex, the depth of knowledge brought to each relationship, demonstrates our commitment to the bankruptcy community.
Please see the attached slip sheet for additional information.